Conveniently situated within 30-40mins from many natural wonders, day boat cruises, scenic driving routes, and cultural sightseeing, Kamp Karin is a wonderful base from which to explore the greater Zadar/Sibenik region and all it has to offer.
Suggested Day Trips:
- Kornati National Park Island day trip from the town of Biograd.
- Zrmanje Canyon and waterfall boat tours from nearby Novigrad.
- River Krupa gorge adventure hike to Kudin Most (handmade bridge) including swimming.
- Organized rafting tours in the nearby rivers of Krupa and Zrmanje.
- Krka Nat Park and waterfall day trip with option to visit Visovac Island Monastery leaving by boat from nearby Skradin or drive into the National Park for car access and a longer hike.
- Velebit Mountain scenic drive (unsealed old road) and hike.
- Cerovacke Caves in The Velebit Mountain.
- Paklenica National Park hiking and mountain climbing day trip.
- Maslenicki Bridge bungee jumping.
- Biograd fun parks and nightlife for teens including inflatable water park, water slides/tobogan, beach market, rollercoasters and rides.
- Sightseeing day trip to the historical city of Sibenik famous for its magnificent UNESCO protected St Jacob’s Cathedral.
- Castle ruins exploration in Novigrad, Skradin and Benkovac Asseria.
- Gastronomic Tourism – experience authentic local cuisine such as spit roast, ‘Peka’ (dome) meals, prosciutto, cheese. Visit vineyards for wine tasting and olive oil farms for authentic cooking demonstrations, seasonal menu restaurants.
*For tourist attractions further afield, the port city of Split is approximately 100km and is the gateway to many Islands. The world famous Plitvica National park is a round trip of about 4 hours from Kamp Karin but is well worth it!*